One of the most common questions we get at Taylor Diesel is if should you purchase a single injector, or replace the whole set.
From experience, when replacing injectors on the diesel engines, it is important to remember that all the injectors are probably the same age and Installed at the same time. When one injector goes out, it’s only a matter of time before the others go out.
There are a few other reasons you might want to replace the entire set of injectors. These include:
• Sets cost less: Buying a set of injectors often cost less than buying them individually.
• Same amount of work to replace them all: There isn’t much more work needed to replace all of the injectors as it is to replace just one. If you are going to pull the engine apart to replace one, you might as well have them all replaced!
• Multiple injectors are likely damaged: It is important to remember that all of the injectors are the same age and condition. If one diesel injector goes out, the other injectors usually aren’t far behind.
How Do You Know When A Fuel Injector Is Going Bad?
- Poor engine performance or misfires
- A check engine light comes on
- Hard starting or poor idle – especially after the vehicle has been sitting overnight
- Black smoke from tailpipes
- Foul odor from tailpipes
- You notice a decrease in fuel efficiency
Taylor Diesel offers quality injectors at great prices. You can purchase them online or by visiting any of our locations.